How far along? 36 Weeks
Total weight gain: 18.2 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yep.
Stretch marks? Three of my stretch marks from previous pregnancies have grown. Lol
Sleep: Not too bad aside from the frequent peeing!
Best moment this week: Seeing that our baby is still indeed a ‘he’. I was having this recurring dream about him coming out a she. He’s grown so much since our last ultrasound.
Miss Anything? Not having heartburn.
Movement: YES! (First movements: 8/30/12) His movements are actually painful/uncomfortable now, but still just as active as ever.
Food cravings: Ice!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not that I’ve noticed this week.
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender prediction: It’s a BOY!
Labor Signs: No.
Belly Button in or out? Out!
Wedding rings on or off? Off. I’ve been wearing them on a necklace this week.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but so ready to have this baby.
Looking forward to: The little baby shower we are having at work. Then it’s shopping time for us. Our bank account is so not going to like this. Lol
Doctor’s appointment update (1/23/13):
- We had an ultrasound Tuesday. She, of course, would not tell me anything about her findings. Today Dr. Gordon discussed them with me.
- Baby is estimated to weigh 8lbs. give or take 1lb. 2oz. Guess I might get my chunky baby after all!
- I have a lot of amniotic fluid. He did not say whether it was a cause for concern. Just mentioned that I am very full. Lol
- He also noted that the tubes from the baby’s kidney’s are dilated. This typically means there is a blockage of some sort. Usually it resolves itself after baby is born and has his first pee, but there is also a chance that it will be something that takes years to grow out of. Which means daily antibiotics to prevent infections. I’m freaking out a bit about this, but Jonathan is doing his best to reassure me that it’s just a minor issue and something that we can handle if it indeed becomes an issue.
- Because of his weight and the dilated kidney’s, doctor wishes to take the baby sooner than our already scheduled c-section on the 18th. He said that he’d like to take him at least the week before our original section date, so around the 11th. However, that is Mardi Gras week and he has to call to confirm everything with the surgery ward to make sure that there is an opening then. Lol I’m on pins and needles freaking out about the date that he chooses. Anxiously awaiting the phone call. It just keeps getting closer and closer.
- I am measuring at 38 ½ weeks, but that could be because of all the amniotic fluid.
- Baby is in head down position and I am not yet dilated.
- I had the Group B Strep test and final labs today.
Symptoms and other happenings this week:
- Heartburn! I will be so glad when this is over.
- Hemorrhoids. Not from constipation or straining, just pressure from baby. Ugh!
- Burning pain on top of my belly. Doctor said it is most likely from the weight of baby pulling down.
- Just completely exhausted!
- Frequent urination, but only at night. Earlier this week I went to bed at 11. Between 11 and 2, I got up to pee five freaking times! And it’s not just, ‘oh I need to pee, pee.’ It’s ‘I need to get to the bathroom NOW, pee.’
- Belly button is in full ‘outie’ mode.
- I can no longer wear my rings. My fingers are too swollen. I have been wearing them on a necklace though. It freaks me out that the chain will break and I won’t notice. Eek.
- My hair STILL will not color right or keep the color in. Either, my hair comes out green, or my color stays on my new growth and fades from the rest of my hair after only two shampoos. So irritating. Especially when you’re a hair stylist and you don’t want clients freaking out about their hair color when yours looks like complete shit.