So, in usual Jaclyn fashion, it’s been a while. Five months to be exact.
Today is the last day of vacation, so I better update while I can. I have a whole new respect for bloggers who find a way to keep up with regular posts. I don’t know how you do it. I have no time between work, wife and mommy duties. Then on days off, I have no desire to do anything, but nothing. Ya know?!
So… Let’s start with our Summer Bucket List. Things we did that I never got around to posting about.
- Went out for ice cream.
- Draw with chalk.
- Read a book together. (The Lightening Thief)
- Make smores.
- Watch the sunset on the beach.
- Eat at a restaurant that we have not tried. (Mugshots)
- Go bowling.
- Watch fireworks.
- Learn some origami. (Jonathan made a dragon, I made a dinosaur, Joseph and Amaya made a fox, Tressa made a heart)
- Go rock climbing at the mall. (The kiddos loved this. The girls did okay. They were pretty hesitant at first. They really freaked when it was time to let go and slide down. Quite humorous really. :P)
- Go bungee jumping at the mall. (Amaya was scared to death! She was so ready to be off and go rock climbing.)
- Play board games.
- Make a collage. (This is the one thing on our bucket list that Jonathan was dreading, but I’m pretty sure he was the most excited and dedicated once we started our collages. They came out really cute. Joseph really didn’t care for this one so much. He just started cutting out random pictures and gluing them down as quickly as he could so that he could do something else.)
We knocked off quite a bit of our list. Hope to do the same again this coming summer. It was a lot of fun.
Let’s see… What else…
Joseph placed 8th of 30 in the 3rd-6th grade spelling bee. He is doing better in school. Grades are good. Although, he managed to get two C’s this semester because “She’s lying Mom! I know I turned it in!” *eye roll* Amaya and Tressa both made A honor roll. They love having class together. Amaya had a scare with a medication that caused her to have a seizure (was a listed, rare side effect), but medication has been switched and she’s doing great. The girls were both diagnosed with Molluscum contagiosum in October (I think). So far only they have it. Theirs is very mild, and hopefully we can keep it that way. We’ve taken all precautions to keeping anyone else from getting it. It’s just really annoying because they can take 6-12 months to go away and possibly longer if they scratch and spread them, etc. Really, really frustrating!
Silas sure has grown! He is going to be ONE! NEXT FREAKING MONTH GUYS!
He has learned to clap, give kisses, tell us no, he can sign milk, he learned to crawl (Can’t remember if he was crawling since the last update I gave) cruise, and then began walking at 10 months. He is very independent. He has no problem playing with his toys alone. He can drink from a straw. He’s recently done some fake crying to get attention. It’s hilarious! He weighs about 22lbs. (Just a guess. Forgot to weigh him this month) and I’m not even going to guess on his height. I have no clue. 😛 He wears 12-18month clothes and is still cloth diapered! He is still breastfeeding like a champ. He naps twice a day and sleeps from 9:30ish to 5 or 6AM.
- To feed himself.
- Bath time. He’s a big water baby! Loves the water running down his face, splashing, all of it.
- Playing with his brother and sisters. They play this game they made up where Silas is a zombie and his eyes shoot out lasers. They go around the kitchen and living room with their empty water guns and try to avoid being seen by his laser eyes. If Silas see’s them, they are killed by his laser beams and have to wait to be tagged by one of the others to ‘respawn’. They crack me up! Silas loves it.
- Going into his sisters’ room when he thinks no one is looking (He’s not allowed in there. It’s never clean and there are Lego’s ev.ery.where!)
- Playing in the toilet.
- Being outside.
- Going to Nana’s house.
- Story time.
- Helping with laundry. Watching the washer or dryer run.
- Fringe (the tv show) intro music. He had fallen asleep on the couch when Jonathan and I had decided to watch an episode on Netflix. The intro music started to play and Silas woke up and stared at the tv until it the music stopped, rolled over and went back to sleep. Cutest ever! He will literally stop whatever it is he is doing and run to the tv any time he hears it start to play.
- The vacuum! He fuh-reaks!
- Juice. I wouldn’t necessarily say he hates it, but he definitely does not care for it.
- Being told “No” or being taken away from something he should not be getting into.
- Diaper changes.
It’s amazing how much they learn and change in the first few years. It’s so different for Jonathan and I having another child. I don’t for one second regret ever having our first three children as young as we did, but I’m glad we waited with Silas. Our parenting methods are so different than what they were. We are a lot more understanding and laid back than we were before. With Silas, I’m really just enjoying his babyhood and soaking it all in. It goes far too quickly.
I don’t have very many pictures on my computer of the kiddos. Most of them are on my instagram, facebook or just in my phone. So this is all you get here for now. Lucky you though, I don’t think that I have shared these anywhere else yet. 😛
2013 was a fun filled and exciting year that went by far too quickly. This year there are going to be some more new and exciting things going on for us (I’ll elaborate more on that at a later date.) I’m nervous, but ready for whatever life shall throw at us.
Until next time,