Jonathan and I have talked about going to Disney World since last year. We had originally planned to go this year, but we added a new baby to the family! So worth not going to Disney World! We definitely want to go before the kiddos are too much older. We really want them to just enjoy it as much as possible.
We started talking about it again a couple of months back. After talking about it we decided we needed to set a date for the trip and quit just talking about it.
We’ve invited some family along to make the trip that much more fun! I think that Jonathan and I are more excited about the trip than the kiddos! I’m pretty sure I’m the only one excited about buying Mickey ears!
Our plan as of now is for a March 2014 trip.
It’s a WHOLE lotta money to be saved up, but we got this! We’ve done a lot of figuring and planning with our budget and savings.
To get the kiddos involved and more excited about it we needed a visual savings. So we had them decorate an extra wipes container. They loved it. The girls more so than Joseph, but their drawings turned out super cute!
With all the change we had collected, and tips that I had earned, we started our Disney World savings with $233.50! Not too bad! Only $4,766.50 to go. 😛
Typically, we’re pretty boring around here. We just hang out at home and break up sibling fights, clean toilets, watch Netflix and change diapers. So this Summer, we wanted to make a little more enjoyable without breaking the bank. A couple of weeks ago, Jonathan, myself and the kiddos got together and made a list of things that we would like to do this Summer that were free or cheap, with a couple splurges.
I was pretty surprised at the amount of things and the creativity of things that they came up with. We realize that all of them may not be completed, but it will be fun to do as much as possible. I *plan* to document each thing that we cross off of our list this Summer and share it with you all. So we’ll see how this goes. Here is our list.
- Build a sand castle.
- Learn to play Frisbee golf.
- Go out for ice cream.
- Draw with chalk.
- Read a book together.
- Have a picnic.
- Make smores.
- Watch the sunrise on the beach.
- Watch the sunset on the beach.
- Plant a garden.
- Color our hair with hair chalk.
- Eat at a restaurant that we have not tried.
- Visit the zoo.
- Learn some basic Spanish.
- Have a water balloon or water gun fight.
- Star gaze.
- Make Ziploc bag ice cream.
- Make tie dye shirts.
- Go on a photo scavenger hunt.
- Make an obstacle course.
- Paint a picture and frame it.
- Have a talent show.
- Launch a 2 liter with Mentos and other science activities.
- Go bowling.
- Blow bubbles.
- Watch fireworks.
- Make a photo booth.
- Learn some origami.
- Sumo wrestle with big shirts and pillows.
- Write a letter to someone special and mail it.
- Go cloud watching.
- Decorate cookies.
- Play tear-it-up and other minute to win it games.
- Go to the beach and enjoy the beauty.
- Go to the water park.
- Go rock climbing at the mall.
- Go bungee jumping at the mall.
- See a movie.
- Do a random act of kindness.
- Have a slumber party.
- Take family portraits.
- Spa day.
- Give tattoos with pen and marker.
- Do some community service.
- Exercise more often.
- A simple sewing project.
- Make friendship bracelets.
- Do a Pinterest project.
- Make a bird/squirrel feeder.
- Play in the rain.
- Play ‘old’ outside games like hopscotch, freeze tag, etc.
- Make sock puppets and have a puppet show.
- Decorate picture frames.
- Play board games.
- Miniature golf.
- Make a collage.
- Start a Disney World savings.
- Make a shadow box.
- Write a story and turn it into a Mad Lib.
I’m so excited! We’ve already done a few things and I already can’t wait for the next thing! Happy Summer!